An extensive list of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and guidelines were issued by the Mohammedan Sporting Club in relation to their residential pre-season training camp at Kalyani ahead of 2nd Division League qualifiers.
Protocols related to ground and practice facilities, gymnasium, physiotherapy with relation to COVID-19, including the do’s and don’t’s, were all listed in SOP.
- Installation of two sanitization tunnels in Kalyani Sports Complex.
- Closed door practice sessions. No fan or media personnel allowed.
- Daily sanitization drive of hotel corridor, common area, gym area.
- All players and staff to be counseled about personal safety precautions.
- Social distancing to be maintained in all common areas and mandatory wearing of masks.
- Daily temperature monitoring of all players and staff.
- Gym timings to be spread out to prevent overcrowding.
- Club officials who wish to visit training camp must have a negative Covid-19 report. Only 4 people allowed per visit.
- No officials will be allowed inside players rooms.
All this is apart from the SOPs issued by the state sports ministry and AIFF.
“The aim is to create the safest possible environment for all the players, support staff and officials. We’ll continue to be guided and supported by the West Bengal Government advice and All India Football Federation experts to keep our whole team safe.” Assistant General Secretary Dr. Taha Ahmed said.